I Want to Save a Child's Sight!

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Welcome to Our Theocracy

Welcome to Bush's Amerikka!

Dowd: "Are the Republicans so obsessed with maintaining control over all branches of government, and are the Democrats so emasculated about not having any power, that they are willing to turn the nation into a wholly owned subsidiary of the church?" [NYT]

That's a good question: what is up w/ the democrats??? They should be fighting tooth and nail...instead, they run and hide. Party of the people my ass. Prove to me that you can stand up for what is right!!!

Rich: "Like many Americans, I suspect, I tried to picture how I would have reacted if a bunch of smarmy, camera-seeking politicians came anywhere near a hospital room where my own relative was hooked up to life support. I imagined summoning the Clint Eastwood of "Dirty Harry," not "Million Dollar Baby." But before my fantasy could get very far, star politicians with the most to gain from playing the God card started hatching stunts whose extravagant shamelessness could upstage any humble reverie of my own." [NYT]

Friedman: "But killing prisoners of war, presumably in the act of torture, is an inexcusable outrage. The fact that Congress has just shrugged this off, and no senior official or officer has been fired, is a travesty. This administration is for "ownership" of everything except responsibility." [NYT]

No comments: