I Want to Save a Child's Sight!

Friday, October 28, 2005

Indictment Mania!

I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby is indicted on 5 counts, then resigns.

"Libby was indicted on one count of obstruction of justice, two counts of perjury and two counts of making false statements, court documents show."

Here are the indictments, courtesy of Think Progress.

It appears there will be a press conference by Fitzgerald later today, but they will wait on Rove. Maybe this means they'll go after Cheney for withholding documents from the Senate Intelligence Committee.

It's a sad day indeed for the United States. Scott is right, this will only increase the cynicism of many citizens that their vote doesn't matter. I really hope that this shows people that they can make a difference. They just have to use their heads and start voting for their best interests, rather than voting against them.

Special thanks to Scott and Mike.

1 comment:

Uncle Jimbo said...

Dear Ben,

I had an epiphany while arguing with my commenters. One brought up the Air Force One memo Colin Powell had with Plame's name and CIA affiliation and argued since it was classified Secret this proved she was covert, and it hit me that it proves the exact opposite. Secret is far too low a classification level for a covert operative. It would have been Top Secret with additional qualifiers, which means she wasn't covert, period. I know this from personal experience regarding classifications of covert operations. There is a more complete explanation and some Blue Fitzmas gloating at the link. If I am right, and I am quite certain, although I have others checking it out, this means there never would have been a crime for Fitz to investigate about a covert exposure. It also means that Libby did leak classified info though.

Fitzgerald: No crime to name Plame

Cordially,

Uncle J