I Want to Save a Child's Sight!

Saturday, November 19, 2005

HP Goblet of Fire Review

If you'll allow me to play critic briefly:

Went last night and saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. As a devotee of the books, I wasn't sure what to expect. I mean, who really listens to the professional reviewers anyways.

The plot moved too fast (all of a sudden it was the 2nd task, then it was June for the 3rd task). They didn't show enough interaction between Ron, Hermione, and Harry. They certainly didn't follow the book at all in some areas.

But, for all of it's shortcomings, it was an excellent movie. The action scenes were wicked intense, and not for the faint of heart. The graveyard scene at the end was just AWESOME. The trio of Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, and Daniel Radcliffe has really come of age, and their abilities really shined. Two and a half hours that were very well spent, but went way too fast.

Overall, I'd give it an A-. 3 1/2 out of 4.

No comments: